Monday, December 20, 2010

This Christmas it's not about being perfect...

It's about a quiet celebration that remembers
Christmas means we
never have to ask God how much He loves us.

It's not about the biggest present
it's about showing how much we care.

It's not about the tidiest house arranged to perfection,
it's about sitting quietly together in the evening
and listening to the frogs croak.

It's not about what we should have done this year,
it's about just enjoying the moment
and encouraging those around us.

What ever you are doing today,
take a moment just to be
and remember what Christmas is all about.

8 comments:

  1. I love that you can listen to the frogs croak at Christmas. For us it would be, "watch the snow fall" or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes amidst the daily grind, the sweltering heat, the stomach bug (that a week later we are all still suffering from) its easy to forget. Thanks for the reminder x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, thanks for that! I needed it! I will take the time today to thank my Heavenly Father for all He has done for me, and will do for me, by sending his Son to die for our sins, even if I don't completely understand His plan! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!