Thursday, March 10, 2011

How to keep sane #1: Start 101 knitting projects!

So I haven't really been sewing
there's too much actual stuff to do.
But I've been borrowing moments to knit.
A cardy for Annie-Rose
and a winter scarf for me!
This is going to be a vest for Annie
I've pulled it down about eight times
and have one more to go!
I don't have enough wool so will pull it down
and add stripes.
Some new books from Book Depositary
that I ordered Before.
The store I would normally buy embroidery wool from is
INSIDE THE CORDON
(which emcompasses our entire central city
and is going to have 80% pulled down)
so I got these from Trademe.

Oh and a Playcentre cardy for Annie
with shortish sleeves so she can do painting in it.

I guess I should finish one, but I have a ball of sock wool
that is itching to be made into a scarf.
Oh and five balls of yellow wool/mohair
(also from Trademe)
that wants to be another cardy for Annie.

Oh and also am on the hunt for some charcoal coloured wool
to knit the jersey that Reuben wants!

It's therapy I tell you.

7 comments:

  1. HI Deb, I have no doubt it's therapy. I wish I had a magic wand for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating is the best therapy. Thinking of you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The urge to create and its psychological benefits so true. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on a knitting binge too. Your colours are pretty.
    My mum told me about www.skeinz.com. I have been avoiding going into any shops lately, so I bought some wool from here online and it arrived within 3 days. Good prices too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spotlight has quite a nice dark gray wool which was on sale for $2 a ball... It's Aussie wool and produced in Aussie too - DK. Could be worth a look. I buy that wool a lot and have always been very happy with how it knits up. And washes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw some of that embroidery wooll yesterday at a sewing expo, but had no idea what it was used for. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to send you some wool. Please contact me through my blog ( my email address is there).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!