Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today at my house...


I dropped James at his Great-Aunt's Property
to mow the lawns
and tidy the garden.
I popped into the op-shop nearby because I could
and to see how it felt actually.
I got some great treasures that won't clutter the house
but will be useful!
These little kits are going in my emergency kit.
It's amazing what I've discovered you need in your emergency kit.
(I think that's another post actually)
I'm fighting anxiety.
The more of my children that go back to school
in different parts of the city
the more my stomach knots up.
How can I keep them all safe?
What happens if there is another earthquake?
How will I get them?

Questions in my head.
But life must go on
and I must let them go.

It's awful, quite honestly.
It's a struggle.

5 comments:

  1. So here's my chance to send scripture back to you, friend. I've so appreciated the times you've floated it to me via this blog. I like the old bit from proverbs that we all know, but with Eugene Peterson's help for hearing the language anew. Provers 3: 5- 7. I've got it written up on a chalkboard in my tv room. . .

    "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure everything out on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go. He's the one who will keep you on track."

    Best to you, --g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of love. Glad you've found some treasures. Would love to see you this week if you are ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie, I know exactly how you feel and you're right, there is nothing we can do. We just have to have faith its all going to be okay. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sweet. And we all feel for you. It's hard for me to say anything that doesn't sound contrite. But know that a girl in California is sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure it is tough letting them go after something like this has happened. I love those green glass vases.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!