Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Autumn is a time for quilts...

I just love it when it gets cold enough to have two quilts on the bed.
I love the weight of the quilts.

The quilt on the top here I've just finished.
It's as wonky as can be
but when it's on your bed it keeps you warm
wonky or not.

Sometime I'll take proper pictures of it
(well as proper as you get with an iphone)
but in the meantime I'll keep snuggling under it!!

You know how I name my quilts with bible verses,
well these two are...
"don't be weary in doing good" 
and "I know the plans I have for you
to give you a future and a hope"

Sleeping under these verses 
definitely helps at the moment!!

5 comments:

  1. lovely quilts! do you machine quilt the layers together yourself? or do you know someone who does this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And its autumn colours to! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are lovely. i know i have said it before but i really love that you name your quilts for scriptures. that is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday I'll get it right. Everytime I see a post about Autumn as its nearing summer here, it think, "Deb, what on earth have you been putting in your tea?" Like I said, someday I'll remember your seasons are opposite of ours.

    blessings, jilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that scripture. I get weary in doing good sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

    It is Spring here and the quilts should be coming off but it is ccccold still. My fault for living in Canada. I love quilts...and flannel sheets and hot baths!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!