Thursday, April 14, 2011

What turned out to be my Earthquake Quilt...



I sewed this quilt together "before"
and Shenleigh recently finished quilting it.

I made a mistake when I joined the four stripes
and so it's quite wonky down one end.

Still it keeps us warm
even though it's wonky.

I had initially thought I would call it a foundations quilt
like the one I made for Miriam
but after the earthquake
when we were all struggling with not feeling safe
(and we still are struggling with that to be honest)

The verse in the Bible: "For I know the plans I have
for you to give you a future and a hope"
meant a lot more to me right now.

This church is right around the corner
from my house, a daily reminder of the power of the earthquake.
Some wag has written on the church noticeboard,
"God next time could you use the door please?"

By the way the fabrics for this quilt 
was purchased from Sew Pretty.
I can't speak highly enough of Kristy,
she provides an excellent service.

5 comments:

  1. You won't believe it but Jer 29:11 is our family verse! It has taken us from England to New Zealand and to be honest I had not thought alot about it until now! Thank you and the quilt is amazing!!!
    xxx
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb

    I'm glad you can find a bit of humour to lighten the load. It made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb

    How strange to have made a wonky quilt before 'the' event.

    I hope it keeps you safe and sound.
    Apparently it's not good karma to be perfect, pefection is reserved only for the Gods.

    Have a great weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonky is the only way I quilt so you are in GOOD company! Even if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!