Friday, May 27, 2011

Craft Hope: Project 12... Orphan Outreach


Craft Hope are running two projects at the moment.
This is the first time I've joined in and it's been great.
They are collecting bracelets for orphans.
The statistics on the blog are heart breaking.

I had a few beads from here and there,
some I got in Thailand a few years ago, 
and some Chrissy has had since she was a wee nipper.
We made 37 bracelets with the resources we had
(I did buy some elastic cord)
and it felt so good to be making something
that a child will actually wear.

There's still time to join
and they don't take long to make.

The second project is blankets for Tornado Victims,
have a look at their website for more details.

Also Dana from Old Red Barn Co
raising funds by giving away a quilt.
Click here to read all about it.

6 comments:

  1. Deb - I have some beads I could send you if you and your girls wanted to make more for the cause? I'd love to join in but I think I'd be over committing myself at the moment but would like to help in a small way. Let me know if you'd like them and I'll get them in the post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea...we have some beads but not so pretty as yours...will se what we can do...though sick season has arrived in our family...and i will need some elastic too...could be a good caring weekend project for kids...ill see how i go...have a great weekend...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea and a great way to get kids involved in something selfless and outside of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, and the bracelets you've made are just lovely. I know I have some beads around here. I wonder if I could get my son and his cousins involved. This might just be an awesome project for the holiday weekend. (And if the kids aren't interested, I surely am!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pretty bangles - and for a good cause xxx keep up the lovely work xxx

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hi!

    I'm your follower.

    I really love your blog!

    Keep up the good work!

    Do visit mine too at
    http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!