Thursday, May 26, 2011

I just love a scrap quilt...

but I can't part with them.
They are so full of memories.

This one has been claimed by Reuben
now that its finally finished.

It's like the grandchild of about four quilts that
I've made. The colours go together so well.

I did some simple hand quilting around the smallest square
and the third square.

About the broken buildings...
Christchurch is still in the demolition phase
and that's expected to last at least till Christmas.
It's kinda depressing to realise it's going to take that long.

But warm quilts will help fend off the cold in our broken
homes this winter!!

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely quilt, no wonder Reuben wants it! Christchurch will be whole again but destruction, cleanup and construction ALWAYS take longer than we think it should! Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt! It is depressing sometimes looking at our city. But yesterday I got a book out from the university library. I haven't been able to do that since September... for me that really made me feel like things were getting back to normal.

    Sarah
    http://kiwigetscrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Deb- the grandchild of another quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely quilt; mine is on hold for a bit longer now; Mum borrowed my cutting board.
    I still haven't gone to look at Colombo St from St Asaph, I really should but I think there's a wee bit of wanting to bury my head in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make some beautiful quilts. I'm envious of your ability. It's true that this recovery will be a marathon not a sprint. Keep safe. Kia kaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful quilt. i love that you used scraps! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!