Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My creative space... a WIP moves one step closer to finishing...

Since the earthquake I've been gradually cleaning
tidying and decluttering our house.
Nothing like having everything you own shaken about
to make you realise a bit of rationalisation is in order.

I took an hour this afternoon whilst Annie was asleep
and finally finished sewing the second to last slash
through my asterisk blocks.

I can't wait to have this finished actually.
It's been a long time in the making.
Most of the fabric for it I brought at Memories,
a beautiful quilt shop which fell down in the last earthquake.
I wonder if the dear lady who owned it got her
beautiful quilts out of it.
I wonder if she got out ok actually.

I think this might end up being my earthquake quilt
if I ever finish it!!

More creative spaces here.

2 comments:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me that everything we do, not matter how normal we try to make it (like sewing or tidying) it always comes back to earthquakes. It's what we talked about on the weekend isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sounds like a great idea, an earthquake quilt. I hope it helps bring you healing and at least some closure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!