Monday, June 6, 2011

Finally this top is done....

This must be the slowest quilt ever.
I love the pattern and I love the fabrics
but this is not the best quilt I've made.

I think it's because there are so many seams sewed on the bias.
It takes wonky to the extreme.
I did press it flat, but yeah! 
It needs some quilting.

I'm hoping that Shenleigh can work some magic on it
I'll have to see what she says.

I love the fabrics
some of them are brought from Memories,
a lovely coffee and quilt shop
that fell down in the earthquake.

Somehow it just makes it more special.

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love the design, but it looks quite difficult to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Deb :) You must be thrilled this top is done! Memories sounds like the perfect name for this quilt given it's start and progression and where some of the prints came from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt Deb...just beautiful! That's got to make you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great quilt top - I love the array of colours.
    Congrats on the anniversary too!
    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its gorgeous great job.How patient you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing. I wouldn't know where to begin making something as intricate as that. You chose the fabrics well, they look beautiful together. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic finish Deb! I can see why it took so long with all those points to match up. Looks fabulous though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic Quilt!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Deb! So nice that you were able to use the fabric from the shop as a fond memory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!