Saturday, June 11, 2011

A quilt for my sister-in-law

My sister-in-law is everything I'm not.
She's really hospitable,
her home is immaculate
and her children are too.

and she's genuinely nice.

Oh and one more thing. 
She loves quilts.
I think she might have five now made by me
and this is the latest for her birthday.

I photographed it at our local supermarket.
I cried the other day when I went past and they were tearing it down.

I miss it sooo much.
It will be ages before it's built again.

I don't want to stand pessimistic
but it's going to be a looooong winter!

I do love this quilt, I love how the colours zing.
I'm pretty sure she's going to love it
for a long time.

Happy Birthday Sharon!

8 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt...where can I get that pattern? I love the tumblers design, but haven't seen one so large! Love it! That's very sweet of you Deb...I am sure your SIL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love it and I am not anything like her either if that makes you feel better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh love that quilt pattern. It's on my 'to do' list. Perfect fabric choices too! Lucky SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful quilt Deb -
    it was an absolute honour to meet you all xxx
    I feel very blessed to have experienced the love and hospitality of Christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful quilt Deb -
    it was an absolute honour to meet you all xxx
    I feel very blessed to have experienced the love and hospitality of Christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful quilt Deb -
    it was an absolute honour to meet you all xxx
    I feel very blessed to have experienced the love and hospitality of Christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb, I realy like that pattern - I've always thought of it as a thimbles. What method do you use? Rotary cut and machine piece? I'd only feel comfortable paper piecing something with those angles but that would take me years (literally)! Cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt. I love the tumblers. Were they hard?It is So sad to see the pics of the ongoing devastation there in Christchurch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!