Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You know you have a small person in your house when...

the washing line is filled with woollens

the cat gets to sleep in the buggy

there's pens and and pencils on every surface

there seems to be always something waiting
to be stuck back together

the coffee table is the perfect place for the dolls house

the pellet fire is buried in blankets warming up

in fact there's always a blankey somewhere

or a puzzle waiting to be done.

Or a dolly waiting to be loved!

I know this stage won't be forever
and so I'm just soaking it up.

Sometimes you have to hold on to your babies,
James is hoping to finish school next week
and start work in the man's world.
Gosh that happened before I was ready.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh all those little people things are so precious...i am holding onto every moment i can with Delilah. She is getting so big so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post Deb. Once in a while I joke with my son about the "nerve" he has growning up. He was supposed to stay 4 forever;-)

    blessings, jilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lived in a very small condo for years and I am so grateful for it. Why? Because my kids are as never far as the next room. We are always together. Right now I am in my bedroom and my son is about as far away as he can get but I can still here what he is doing (homework). When my kids get bored of the living room they end up in my bedroom on the bed where we all sit and talk and laugh and sometimes cry. It is good. Messy but so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto. Although it will be sometime before my babies will be ready to start work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!