Saturday, July 30, 2011

The biggest quilt ever... (well ever made by me!)

So last week I took the little kids to Twisel,
and I took a project I've had cut out for two or three years
and every afternoon I sewed for a couple of hours
while Annie slept.

Sewing a scrap quilt is lovely
you keep meeting old friends in the fabrics
and remember why and who you used it for.

It was an epic job, there was 900 2 1/2 inch squares
plus another whole bunch for the corner blocks.
I did the Coming Up Roses quilt from the Material Obsession 2 book.
I have to warn you,
there are going to be many pictures of this quilt.
This is just the beginning.
I'm hugely proud of it and what it represents....
I just have to get the corners finished
and get Shenleigh to quilt it.

And then there are going to be loads more pictures!!
It touches the floor of our king sized bed,
that's how big it is!

12 comments:

  1. Lots of hard work there Deb! It looks fantastic...beautiful quilt top. Can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have EVERY reason to be proud - this is amazing! I LOVE it! And I love that you did it a bit here and a bit there and out of scraps! Now THAT is what a quilt is . . . LOVE . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you would be proud I think you need to enter that one into a comp somewhere if they have one.I am itching to start patching again but must finish some UFOs 1st xx
    PS Sharon recieved her tin swap parcel and mine is on the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous!!! I am glad to know I am not the only crazy one out there that makes King size quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang on............THAT took you only a week? And by hand? Amazing!
    Its really delightful and has a provenance to make it more so.
    You have every right to blow your own trumpet and we'll chorus it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This has really inspired me to give quilting a try. Congratulations on such a fabulous achievement!

    Tabitha x
    www.wardrobe-envy.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful! I keep enlarging the pictures, what a lot of work, but so worth it. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deb this is absolutely wonderful, what a project!!!!!Can understand that you are proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have every right to be proud of that quilt, it's beautiful. Congratulations Deb.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow its lovely!!
    I know how much work goes into a kingsize!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It is gorgeous. Well done. So impressed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!