Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What on earth have I been doing lately?

Well lots of things with this little lady, playcentre, 
and when we are home... 
sandwich making (I do it myself)
Dressing myself(mermaid legs anyone?)
Road crossing (how fast can mum run)
and 101 other things that a two year old mind
thinks would be fun to try.

Some days I feel old.
Every day I feel tired!!
I've been cooking dinners
doing washing,
tidying the house
on a continuous repeat cycle.

I've been doing a little bit of knitting
finishing the bands on a thrifted vest for David
and teaching myself to knit on four knitting needles
while I watch a bit of the Tour de France 
in the early mornings.

I've also been cutting and sorting all my bee blocks from the last
few years and making quilts tops from them.

I lay them out and pin them in piles
and then take a pile during the day and sew them in 
snatches of time.

One day when the light is better
and my camera returns from the repairer
I'll take some pretty pictures.

It's winter, it's cold
and we are just getting by really.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, where on earth do you keep all your quilts?!

    Clare

    ps. we are watching the tour de france too, couldnt believe the crash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 'finds', I seem to have an egg cup gremlin too! Good luck with the knitting in the round, I still haven't mastered regular knitting but I can crochet :P. The way this year is flying by it will be warm weather again soon and that definitely makes things seem not so bad when the sun is shining, the birds are singing and everything is growing.
    Hugs,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. She could bath in that bowl! So cute.

    I am lighting a little light for you in my heart. I am so sorry that you are tired. You have gone though so much this year. I hope you get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is so cute!
    It is freezing isn't it! don't give up Deb, Nicer weather will come, and nicer weather makes everything better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a cutie!

    I'm coming down to chch next weekend, and wondered if you could suggest any good places to go fabric shopping. I checked the Bolt of Cloth website and their shop is out of action which is a shame, but wondered if you had any other favourite spots? I'm interested in clothes fabric and modern quilting fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!