Thursday, August 25, 2011

Apparently everyone needs a GIANT oven mitt...

I had so much fun putting together some goodies
for my Vintage Kitchen Swap partner Rhiannon
and I wanted to make a wee something to go in it.

For some reason I got it into my head to make a giant oven mitt
and so I did. I love it, I hope she does.

It is enormous though, but I think it looks cool.

The vintage part was an old towel I cut up for the back.
I've been using mine and it works fantastically well.

Edited to add: I just got my parcel from Rhiannon,
and now I have swappers guilt.
I was happy with my parcel to her when I sent it,
but now I have hers, I do hope it was good enough :(
I'll try and post some pics today

2 comments:

  1. One of the best things I have even been given is something similar but as attractive. My mother made gaint pot holders from old flannelette sheets. They are big enough to take a roasting tray out of the oven with two hands, and sit the tray on, so you don't mark your kitchen bench. Also great to put out any small kitchen fires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think your potholder is so attractive, anyone would LOVE to have it . xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!