Monday, August 8, 2011

Dresden plate hand piecing....

It's something I have never done before,
I've done the paper-piecing thing (that's how I got started quilting)
but never just sewed those pieces together.

Until now!
I've worked out a super simple way
 to cut these dresden plate petals.


No template, no fancy rulers!!
Interested??

Once I've sewed this baby down
I'll write a quick tutorial!!

Meanwhile go and find yourself a charm pack
or cut 16 5" squares. Yes! you know you want to......

8 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to give the Dresden Plate quilt a go but it looked like a lot of work - but a quick way to cut with no fancy rulers then count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charm squares I've got! Can't wait for the tute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dresden's are my all time fav block to make.I am making some in blues and yellow's....this will be along term project for me as I am English paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it looks gorgeous but I dont have the skill or the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do want too!!! i can not wait to read your tutorial.....this looks fun. i love the fabrics you have in your dresden plate.....you always have the best mix

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made one, though ages ago and with trad floral fabrics, but love the modern mix you have gathered there! Much more fun fabrics! yes please a tut would be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!