Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hurray! Good news...



The very lovely Suzanna and her team
have finally re-opened their shop in Christchurch,
they have an excellent website
but it is lovely go to in and fondle feel the fabric for yourself!

Yesterday was their first day open and today is the first official day,
I just took these pictures with my iphone
but you get the idea, this shop is LOVELY,
and you don't have to be a sewer to enjoy it!

These candles are divine, I want some of these!

The top clock in this picture I love
it's galvanised steel and has that lovely industrial look
so popular for so long!

There are lots of Marimekko products, like these mugs
and tins. And some stunning melamine beakers that
I'm sure will jump into my basket sometime!!




These wooden tags are really lovely
I'm pretty sure my sister Sharyn would like these!




This is just a sample of the things they make.
Basically you can have anything made for you in any fabric!

This is not a great picture, but Suzanna has designed an ingenious
system for choosing fabric, so many lovely lovely fabrics.
I brought 10 fat quarters and a shower curtain.
 
If you live in Christchurch, Bolt of Cloth is situated in the Colombo
(formerly Spotlight Plaza). If you haven't been there,
it's just lovely now. Really stylish shops, good coffee
and a nice atmosphere, oh and excellent parking!
 
Please do support our local businesses. Suzanna lost her home on the 22nd
and is such a brave, gutsy lady who continues to contribute so much
to those around her and seems to let nothing stand in her way!
 
Don't you just love a good news story from Christchurch!!


9 comments:

  1. So happy they have re-opened. What beautiful things. I would love to support them bit am in oz.... can you link to the website???? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it nice to here a good news story from Christchurch. Looks like such an inspiring shop, one where you felt like you had to buy something on every visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh deb!
    I adore bolt of cloth!!
    I'm so glad it has re-opened!
    Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do love good news from Christchurch! This post makes me glad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful to see such a positive event. I hope they do really well and I hope you get to visit and enjoy them often!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea...such a positive thing! Looks like a lovely shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh- that is good news! The Colombo is looking great and Sydenham is becoming rather posh, in a cool way. Hmm- a few Christmas present ideas in this post- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, wish I's know about this last weekend when I was in Christchurch, but it's definitely on my list for next time! Gorgeous, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dropped in there on Sunday; might have left with 10 fat quarters. Was only planning on getting a zip from Spotlight, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!