Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Creative Space...

I haven't played along for a while, but today....
The Epic is on the Machine!
It took Shenleigh and I over an hour and a half
to get it on this morning. It's a monster.
280 cm square(ish)

I'm so excited to see it finished.
Shenleigh is quilting it this afternoon with a lovely
rose pantograph.

I love this Robyn Randolph fabric for the borders.
I brought this from Ballantynes before they sold out of fabric
(they sell it again now, lol that's how long it's been)

We breathed a sigh of relief when it was finally wrestled
into place on the long-arm machine.
Never-again, we muttered to each other.

I can't wait to see it finished.
Miles of binding yet to come of course.
This quilt is from the Material Obsession book 2
called "Coming up Roses"

I think I might call it "Collecting the Pieces"
for me it represents all the wee pieces saved to make something beautiful
 just like we are doing with our city, Christchurch.
More creative spaces here.

11 comments:

  1. So THAT's what a long-arm quilting machine looks like! I've always wanted to see one!

    Your quilt looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, it's stunning! I cannot imagine how much time went into such a project...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a huge job. So close to finished! You will have your work cut out finding a place to hang this one for a photo. Or do you already have a place in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome....can't wait to see the finished product

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful makes me want to patch again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see this once quilted and bound!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that wrestling must be good for the arm muscles!
    Can't wait to see it quilted and bound.
    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is going to be amazing!!!! what a gorgeous long arm...i dream about having on e someday

    ReplyDelete
  9. For one who has never seen such things up close and personal I have to say that I am amazed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! How gorgeous is this? And what about that machine!!!!!
    I'm wondering if you could help me out with the name of the Patchwork shop, near Hornby, on the road heading north? I'm going past next week and I'd love to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!