Saturday, September 24, 2011

Our Rugby World Cup Party...

Sorry about the sudden bloggy absense.
One cup of coffee + One two year old = One dead Mac + One sad mummy!
Anyway I thought I'd show you some pictures
of a Rugby World Cup party we had at our house for the
kiddies in our neighbourhood.
The lovely people at Bakers Delight send us some goodies
and we hung up some bunting, scrubbed the BBQ for the start of the season
and enjoyed some spring sunshine on a sunday afternoon.

There's nothing like some Watties tomato sauce and a sausage to make
a good start to the week.
The bread and buns that Bakers Delight gave us
were delicious.
We had some colouring in


Some "team photos"

Some kid cooking

A lot of face (and body) painting

Why do kids love decorating their faces (and bodies) so much??

It was a lovely laid back afternoon
and I hope we do many more afternoons like this
during the coming summer.
it was a perfect afternoon.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun! We had lots of family over for the game last night (it was also my mum's birthday) and had a great time. It's a good excuse to get together with the people you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learnt not to have beverages near sewing or electronic gadgets, with or without children added.
    That party looks like great fun and, as I don't follow sports that aren't done on horseback, I can say that I hope your team is successful. (Sshhh, I'm an Aussie!).
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was just the computer that was bad not something else. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like such a treat....my Mitchell discovered the All Blacks doing the Haka some years ago and still loves to give it a go once in awhile.

    sorry about the computer...that is a big bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting ready to put our barbeque away. End of summer and time for warms soups and stews.
    I think kids like to paint their faces because it feels nice and tickley.
    I like that shirt the guy is wearing with the scanner code. I am curious what is says on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like great fun was had by all, including grown ups.
    Sorry to hear about the computer, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fabulous afternoon, I left Christchurch on Saturday and it was beautiful. So cool to have BBQ prematch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this makes me miss everyone SO much. Looks like lots of fun. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!