Sunday, September 11, 2011

Overwhelmed...

It's the little things isn't it that overwhelm you
The big things are achievable
but the little things build up and up.
It doesn't matter if they are good or bad
just too many things is too much.

Like anniversaries... Feb 22, Sept 4, 9/11
remembering/processing
Big days that change lives.

Silly things like piles of laundry and mildew on the window frames
like dishes in the sink
and lint in the clothes dryer
Even fun things like birthdays
I had one, 
it was lovely.

Things you do each week, 
like Playcentre and grocery shopping.
And even things you like doing
like quilt making.

Maybe it's the change of season
or maybe it's too many late nights
or maybe too much junk food
or maybe just too many little things.

This week I'm just going to do the basics....
have early nights
wash the laundry
cook healthy dinners
walk a bit
knit a bit
tidy one room each day....
catch up a bit.

13 comments:

  1. yeah i hear ya..
    especially on the mildewy window sills. Had to apologise to visitors over them last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sister! Back to basics and breathe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy yourself a bunch of flowers, too, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post echoes my thoughts at the moment too. Here's for a rejuvenating week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say forget about the little things, at least for a little while, watch a movie, drink some wine and relax..... it will all still be there in the morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I get to the little things I will get to them, until then I live life to the fullest like today is my last day. No ONE is guaranteed tomorrow. If I should die tomorrow, I will be remembered as the one that has lived her life to the fullest, not the one that had a spotless house, never any dishes in the sink etc. That is the way I want it too. I have had my brush with death, and it gives you a whole new outlook on life.

    Once my dad came to visit and I forgot to dust ( a semi-yearly chore for me) and he drew a line in the dust on the shelf and said looks like you for got something. I gave him a rag and the dusting polish and said have at it. He never draws in the dust anymore. I told him it took me a long time to collect those dust bunnies, and I am not ready to get rid of them yet.

    He understands my thinking now that my step mom has passed with so many dreams left to live, and now she will never get that chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get you - for me it was September 03rd followed by September 12th . . .
    Do what you need to do to stay afloat xxx
    Sending you LOTS of love

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very true! I'm hoping for a slow and gentle week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Because after all when we stop for colour and take breath sometimes we hear the voice that isn't in the fire or the earthquake the still small whisper when Someone meets us in our need. Sending you love my friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back to basics sounds good. Lists do it for me. Take it easy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!