Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dresden Plate Quilt-a-long over at Old Red Barn Co....

It's time for another quilt-a-long over at the Old Red Barn Co flickr group.
This time they are going to do Dresden plate using my tutorial for the dresdens.

I love these Dresdens so much and I'm looking forward to making a whole quilt of them.
Why don't you jump on board?
You could make a couple of cushions or a wall hanging.

Or knock yourself out and make a whole quilt!

I'm going to turn this hand pieced one into a cushion and
machine piece the rest of them for a quilt.

You need 16 scraps 4x5" (I'm using my treasured charm squares)
per dresden. One fat quarter for each dresden to be sewn onto
and a large scrap for the centre and some quilters muslin.

Pop over to the flickr group and join in the fun.
(Just search Old Red Barn Co on flickr and the group will come up)

Here's some of my fabrics ready to go.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Oh and there will be GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. this really is so beautiful Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot!
    I didn't realise it was "your" quiltalong... I've been getting "cheap" charm packs from Lincraft and Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you posting a template for this plate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes how did you make this w/o a template?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not see the tutorial referenced for the dresdens. Please help! Looks great! Looked in your tutorial list as well as the Awesome Tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!