Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's spring in Christchurch...

Soft green leaves are opening everywhere you look

Perhaps reveling in sunshine now the buildings are gone!

Maybe because the winter was so fraught
but this spring is the most beautiful I can remember.

Maybe because we take life a little slower on our new congested roads
we get to really appreciate the beauty of the spring leaves

Nothing like a bit of bright green happiness to soften the harshest landscape.

The seasons give us hope, knowing that life goes on
in whatever shape we find it.

Such a valuable lesson in times of unprecedented economic crisis in the world
One of the Playcentre mums said to me the other day:
"We learn not to find our security in things"
Such a deep conversation for playcentre, but so true!

Even though buildings crumble and fall
The earth keeps spinning, the seasons keep coming...
letting us know our problems are not for ever.


Savour the moment, good or bad, it will pass
store up treasure that will last forever...

This weekend...
 laugh with your friends
hold your family close
say "I love you" as often as you can
worship, pray
hope
and have faith in the future!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and glad to hear that you ate able to find and remember the beauty if your beautiful town. Hugs. I can only imagine the daily heart ache you go through. May the flowers bloom along with the trees that stood strong and continue to win the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos.
    Beautiful thoughts.
    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are having a lovely spring. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too thought this post beautiful, I was in Christchurch a week ago, and stunned by what I saw and I didn't get to see much, but I have always loved coming to the big city and was stunned by what I saw.
    But you are right, have hope in the future, it gives you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing post: your words and images are spellbinding. Thank you so much for sharing such a difficult experience in the best light and faith.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!