Friday, November 18, 2011

Being special means...

You can be totally absorbed for weeks or months on a task that you are working on
(in this case trying to build an earthquake proof Duplo house)

You appreciate the opportunity to celebrate
(on this occasion our All Blacks party)

You are kind and caring, if sometimes a little puzzled about why we do things!

You like to spend time just to be....
Like Winnie-the-Pooh said: "sometimes I sits and thinks
and sometimes I just sits"

Moments of joy need to be captured
as most of the time life is just a bit of a struggle,
it's hard to be happy when the world 
runs to a different timetable to you.

You are full of the unexpected
(here he made a long straw and tried to suck my drink with it!!)

All of your siblings look out for you in their own way
so many confusing messages for a boy who knows what he wants any how
why would we need to change that?

Congratulations Reuben
on learning to tie your laces
{happy dance}
we are so so so proud of you!!
We love you kiddo xxx


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Deb, you just made me tear up! This post makes me so, so happy. Every parent with a special kid knows that you celebrate whichever triumphs come your way, whenever they come. Awesome job, Reuben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post!! Horray for shoe lace tying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo Reuben!
    *the crowd goes wild*

    Beautiful post Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Deb. I love the way your love for each of your children is so unique and so precious and so real. You are a GREAT mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!!! So blessed you all are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!