Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Festival of all things red and pink....

There are those who say love is celebrated every day in their homes
and that Valentines day is a commercial holiday,
but I say, any day you can really tell someone you love them
is a good day to be celebrated.

We have always celebrated Valentines day in our house.
When the kiddies were little I used to give them a little red soft toy and a letter
but there are only so many little red toys you need.

So when they got older I started making an appropriate dinner.
It's simple, Tomato Soup and heart shaped scones.
It's so simple, there's time for a tidy and a vacuum
and a spot of decorating.

Just a few bits and bobs re-loved into a wee festive garland by Chrissy.

A dusted and decluttered sideboard, a pretty table cloth
and the table set nicely. It really doesn't take much to say I love you,
and nothing says it better in my mind than a vacuumed floor
but I may be old-fashioned in that!



 A wee bunch of daisies from the supermarket in individual "vases" (reclaimed glass bottles)
flowers always add a festive touch I think.

Who knew that Hershey's kisses came in different flavours? 
We didn't!! Almond and Cookies and Cream... yum!

Yes I agree we should tell our families every day we love them...

But why not take the opportunity to say it in a special way?

I'm hoping I will still be heating up tomato soup and making heart shaped scones
on Valentines day for my grandchildren, 
it's festivals like this that hold families together!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!

Lovely vintage plates by Odd One Out available here

7 comments:

  1. we did a little valentines dinner with some friends and their children - was really fun, hoping to start a tradition too :) your dinner looks lovely- kids love making dinner a special occasion don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tradition for you all!!! Your table, the garland and your vacuumed floor look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is just lovely. Your family is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ღ˚•。* ♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚• ★ *˚.ღ 。*˛˚ღ •˚ ˚JUST SPRINKLING A LITTLE BIT OF LOVE ON YOUR BLOG!! ~♥~˚ ✰* ★˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ***SO*** glad that you finally worked out how to get your photos bigger because they're so colourful, so gorgeous, so inspirational. I love them. Thanks for brightening up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolute beautiful tradition - I am going to learn from you !! !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with your views on Valentine's Day, and I often wonder whether the people who rail against it as a commercial/artifical holiday actually DO take the time to do little loving things for their family? So why not welcome the reminder that we all could do that a bit more?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!