Thursday, February 2, 2012

I did and maybe you should too...

Last year was a busy full on year,
but at the end of it, I went and had a health check, a full on warrant-of-fitness.

There was no particular reason I just thought I should
and so I had all the pokings and prodding's the good doctor desired.


I listened to the lecture I deserved on eating healthy and exercising
and got some medication to take.

And yesterday I went and had a mammogram.
I was very worried about this, having heard stories about it
about it being like run over by a car etc etc.

I actually nearly didn't go. But then I remembered my friend Sally
who never got to see her kids grow up, and off I went bravely!!

And let me tell you it's not as bad as those stories you hear.
It's a bit uncomfortable, but really it's fine.
And the peace of mind is... priceless!

Have you been putting it off?? Don't!
The price of not doing it is too great!!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you. And that for the reminder... off to book my appointment for a pap smear now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm overdue for a pap smear too.
    Lotsa love to you Miss Deb. I'm a loving these pics of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. booked in for a pap on Tues. :) It feels good once it's over and done with but ugh I hate the nerves leading up to Dr/dentist visits

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one a couple of years ago, so know how it feels!
    Thanks for reminding me that I need to book my smear test too!

    Have a healthy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving these pics of you too!!
    Had a mammogram last year, for a breast lump. It wasn't too bad I thought. Nothing like I'd heard.
    Fortunately my lump was benign and has now been removed ... phew!
    But must book in that pap smear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving these pics of you too!!
    Had a mammogram last year, for a breast lump. It wasn't too bad I thought. Nothing like I'd heard.
    Fortunately my lump was benign and has now been removed ... phew!
    But must book in that pap smear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a great reminder Deb....so glad that it all went well for you....by the way that picture of you at the fire is stunning. i love a candid shot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!