Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Picking up the pieces...

It's coming up 12 months since the earthquake that really changed our world.
Part of me feels like we should all be moving on or at least comfortable
with where we are now.

Part of me wonders how life will ever be normal again
and how long it will take to feel completely normal.

It's actually harder than I could possibly imagined to just pick yourself up and carry on.
I guess part of this is the fact that the aftershocks just keep right on coming at us.
Last night alone, there were 5, big enough to make your heart race
and wonder if this is the next "big one".

It's not so much the shakes themselves, or even the effects of seeing your belongings
scattered around the place, or the gaps where the buildings used to be.

It's the fact that you don't know which little shake will be big enough to hurt people,
and you don't know which time you say goodbye, will be the time you want to know where they are.
Picking up the pieces is the easy part.

It's keeping peace in your heart that's the tricky part!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I do not know how you do it. I think my hair would be falling out from stress by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. With everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you hear of natural disasters across the world you really don't realize how it affects the day to day lives of the people even months afterwards. Thinking of you now and so sorry about all the stress it's caused you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to you and everyone in Christchurch. We had relatives from ChCh stay with us recently and it is the little things like being able to sleep through the night that we take for granted that they enjoyed so much. Being able to keep your wine glasses in the cupboard rather than boxed up because you are on the 3rd set. Deb I don't know how you all cope and wonder at what cost in terms of your life? Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs, Deb. Some days its just that I have to for the kids that keeps me going. Tui

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you.
    Sending love and squishy hugs,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending love and prayers your way, and to all those in Christchurch. My family lives there and we were there too until not long before the first big quake, so you are all in our hearts all the time. Praying you find peace that surpasses all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending hugs and thinking of you.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!