Monday, February 6, 2012

Squeezing every last drop from Summer...

We were blessed this weekend to be able to go back to Omarama
and stay with our friends. I've fallen in love with Lake Benmore,
it's just heaven. We took Mondo this time and he loved it too,
he swam his little heart out!!

We ate great food. Cooking for 13-15 is fun really, I enjoy it.
I made steamed puddings one night and they went down a treat.
It amazes me how many people have never had them, delicious!!

There was lots of general mucking about in the water,
jetskiing, water skiing, kneeboarding, not by me, I'm the sunscreen rubber,
the food disher-outer and the kiddie watcher!!

Jandals... the quintessential kiwi summer footwear.

That picnic rug has been everywhere this summer,
it's been washed numerous times and it's wearing well.
I thoroughly recommend using tea towels for a picnic rug,
they wash, they soak up spills, they are hardy as can be!


I wish I could take pictures that give justice to the amazing landscape down there,
honestly just everywhere you look there are mountains and hills.

And the lake, well it's incredible. It is enormous... I've only seen part of it
and it's fantastic. I wonder if we can get there one more time before summer ends!!

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! Love the pictures... ya make me homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, the weather looks fabulous for you. How lovely to have been able to have another break and make the most of the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Lake Benmore! I also have matching red jandals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I'm loving the tea towel rug!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!