Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm off to a retreat, do you want to come???

My friend's Shiree and Fenella have banded together
to bring the awesome amazing incredible
Sarah Fielke here to New Zealand to run work shops at Pudding Hill.
You can stay for either a weekend or a on some week days (or both)
I'm going for the weekend.

We are going to be using this book....


Which I have and I have been um-ing and ah-ing over the quilts
but have settled on this one to make....



I'm super excited about making this and already dreaming about what I'll make it from!
Doesn't that sound like fun??
All the food and accommodation is provided, it's going to be amazing.
There are lots of interesting classes too,
although I plan to just beaver away at this quilt and hopefully
bring it home triumphant!!! Well lots of it anyhow.

Sarah is the one who designed my epic quilt, remember that?
Yes Sarah knows how to design quilts.
They are usually large (epic) quilts full of colour. 
Often I find (reading the recipes to make them)
that they look complicated but actually are just very clever piecing.

Also don't be put off by the size of this quilt, 
the book has a lovely collection of smaller quilts as well.

So if you want to leave behind the laundry, the kids,
the husband work for a few days of luxury and sewing fun
all the details here.

May 4/5/6 & 8/9 @ Pudding Lodge, Methven and 12/13 @ The Rowan Tree Twizel. registration packs available now

 email Shiree at info@therowantree.co.nz

or Fenella at fenella@stitchplayroom.co.nz

There are a few places left.
This definitely will be worth it, I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I don't quilt but this sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely way to spend a few days. I've read all the Jennifer Chiaverini Elm Creek Quilts books and they really make quilting retreats look very appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!