Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Run away to the seaside...


Annie and I were doing a few bits and pieces in the car
and I looked in the rear vision mirror and she was holding a stick.
I remember that she often has a stick these days,
and so I said, shall we get some more sticks??

It was a cold cold day and she was wearing tiny shorts,
so we popped into the local oppy and brought a hat and pants
and suitably clad drove down to the beach.

There we walked in the sand and let the wind blow us.

We picked up sticks and stones and shells.

Annie moved purposefully about the beach following her own instructions.

Stopping whenever she spied a new treasure.
By and by the sun came out, and off came a few layers
and I sat in the sand with Annie and she worked with her sticks.

They we got a pottle of hot salty chips and took our treasures home.

Priceless!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely mother-daughter outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved taking my kids to the beach when they were little. They always ended up in the water no matter what the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! Finding treasures on the beach is bliss! Great memories.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love those days where you just blow whichever way the wind takes you

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post :-) Yes... Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thing to spend precious time one on one with your little girl.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any day at the beach is a good day. How sweet that you and Annie could spend that special time together.

    blessings, jilly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!