Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Finally I can make some stuff....

Now that I have finally finished the bee blocks,
I feel like I really do some things I want to.
Following on from the Autumn quilt I wanted to make a scrappy, wonky log cabin.

I just pulled strips from the basket and started sewing them on.

Then I pressed them and cut them out to 15" square.

I love the mixture of vintage sheets, designer fabric and spotlight fabric.
These wee birds are particular favourites of mine. I think that's the last of it.

Here's the pile of scraps I chose for this quilt.
Sadly I feel like I barely made a dent in them.
Actually does anyone want them?? I'm pretty sure I could squeeze them in a bag.

I just love using scraps, they are definitely my favourite.

I made 12 blocks and then put a strip of this border print through one of the rows.

I love how it's turned out.

Isn't this print amazing? It's called Meet the Gang by Andover fabrics.
Can't wait to get this quilted and bound!

Next up either a bow tie quilt or another one that is going through my head.
Got to use these scraps up somehow!!

11 comments:

  1. Love the colours in the scrap quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your autumn scrap quilt IS DELICOUS!! You are so talented deb! I love drooling over your makings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt. I love the way you put all the colours together and your scraps are so way different from mine, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that if I did quilting, this would be my sort of quilt. I am just not made for tedious piecing, nor am I spectacular at the artist-styled ones. My girlfriend has a long arm machine, and would probably quilt for me if I asked her, but I think I lack the confidence to present a scrappy quilt to her, when she does so much high quality stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have your scraps!!! they're gorgeous! I have been quilting a short time and sadly I have very few scraps :(
    I made a scrappy wonky log cabin quit for Christmas and had to cut up yardage to make my fun scraps--
    but someday I'd love to do a true scrappy fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are gorgeous. It'll brighten a wintery mood for sure :o)
    Abbe

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think i am in love...this quilt and the colors are amazing and i love a scrappy log cabin so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! the colours work SO well together, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. If your scraps struggle to fit in one bag I would happily have the overflow :D

    Awesome quilt! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu have such good colour sense. I too love scraps but silly me loves to cut them even smaller and then appliqué them onto other scraps.
    I am inspired by your willingness to just create, .......one day .............

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!