Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Omarama Autumn Quilt is finished....

I picked it up from Shenleigh before we left and quickly sewed the binding on,
and then I just had to had sew it down. (Story of the quilt here)

I'm so so happy with how it turned out.
It came together in just a few hours, it burst out of my scrap basket,
and it's full of joy and late summer sun,
with pops of red and orange.

It also has a lot of favourite scraps in it, and seeing them reminds me of Sharyn
and Simona, and Annie in her playcentre dress,
and much more besides.

It has scraps from the scraps swap and bits from Liz's yet to be completed quilt.

It has that amazing bright bring from Annie's scrap quilt and a piece of my favourite sheet
that has backed two quilts.

When we were back in Central Otago last weekend, there were 1000s of red rose hips
on the wild roses that completely cover the hillsides.
It made me glad I put some red bits in.

I love a stripy binding and this one is perfect I think.

We used it all weekend as a picnic rug and on our bed and snuggled on the sofa,
it's had a wash already and now it is covering Chrissy who is sick in bed with a bad cold.

It's the newest cheer-me-up quilt to the family, and I love it!
Scrap quilts are my absolute favourite!!

I still have a washing basket stuffed with scraps,
I'm planning on making giant hexes with vintage sheets along with Clare,
and I won the Ups and Downs pattern from Sarah Fielke on Twitter the other day,
plus I really want to make a log cabin.
Yes I have plans for those scraps!!!



April Finishes

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those colors are so great. Another lovely quilt. I am sewing my first machinequilt a poststampquilt, also scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful warm, snug and happy looking! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking so good! Those colours are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog posts, they are pure inspiration, and I loooove this quilt, I can see Autumn in it and happiness.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really great quilt! There are so many pretty fabrics and I love all of the bright colors. Scrap quilts are awesome because you do think of the other things you've made with those fabrics. And that stripey binding is the perfect finish for such a great quilt! Congratulations and thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous - a little bit of sunshine on a cloudy day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so awesome...gorgeous and the colors are so fun. "autumn" quilts always seem to be so dark this is bright and fun but still has the feeling of fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Deb and nice to see a few of my scraps in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!