Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Begone Winter Blues: some kitchen art!

I got the idea for this from this book.
You just need an old cookie sheet and something to trace around the right shape.
I found an old cook book in the opshop and thought it would be perfect for this project.

It was fun finding pictures in the book that would fit into the wee circle.
Like this cute coffee pot.

And just a hint of a china plate.

I used a bit of pva glue to stick the pictures in.

I thought some of the recipes would look good too.

I stuck it to my wall with double sided foam tape.
Doesn't it look good?

It was an quick project and looks effective on the wall.
You could do it for anything you wanted really.

Cheers up the kitchen no end.

15 comments:

  1. OMG! That is a gorgeous idea, wow you are so clever, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that certainly is different....I love it.

    Looks great and of course you could always change the pics when you're tired of looking at them...

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I have so many muffin tins, will try to find some cute images to use over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea for an old muffin tin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea, you could change the colours of the pictures as you please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea! You could expand that idea and use any sort of tin from the cupboard? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative little thing you are.
    It's turned out great.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like it Deb, and it's so original x

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute - you always make the coolest stuff. it was lovely to see you today dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such an awesome idea - it's lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, that really looks fabulous! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so cute....what a clever idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. how cool! Those trays also work as magnet boards too - so you could pop up recipes with magnets on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic. This is SO ace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is such a great idea! Yours looks fabulous!
    If I can find any op-shops in Hong Kong, I am so looking for and old muffin tray!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!