Monday, May 14, 2012

A few thrifty finds in Autumn tones...

A cute little dish, that I've seen a few times
but this time it came home with me. 
I'm going to put it by my bed and put my earrings in it.

A basket, because you can NEVER have too many!

A game that I hope Reuben and I can play together.

A tea towel dated 1981.
We booked tickets to Melbourne in December for my brother's wedding.
Using this tea towel will remind me of our up-coming trip.

Thirty one years old, kept for best I imagine,
it's going to get a lot of use in our house!! Always a few dishes here.

I also got a bolt of beautiful old flannelette for quilt backs and what have you,
lovely and soft and won't rub up like modern stuff. $15 the whole bolt. Nice.

I also found a lovely metal tray which will make a lovely memo board.
I got this one for Nin if she wants it, otherwise Reuben will be happy with it.

And last by not least a nice bright tablecloth for the kitchen table.

Weird how my thrifty finds are colour co-ordinated today!!
Amazing how many good things you can find in a quick trip to 
the City Mission.

10 comments:

  1. score - I am so jealous of PIT I really want a copy of that game it's heaps of fun and VERY loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, which City Mission store was that? I'm particularly jealous of the flannelette; been looking for something to back the quilt I'm cutting out atm, just ordered some as I couldn't find what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh that flannelette is pretty! I have been to the op shop in ages - I just haven't found a good one here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loads of great finds there Deb!
    Especially loving the basket (i got 2 today!) and the tablecloth.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good calender tea towel, and your one is a beauty.
    And a great tablecloth. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow that is a lovely tablecloth. i would love to go shopping or flea marketing with you and just hope that your luck would rub off on me so i could find such amazing things

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely.... all of it lovely. You are quite good at shopping aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. great finds, deb! i especially love that tablecloth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum used to buy tea towel calendars and glue them to wood, top and bottom, with a string at the top so you could hang it in the kitchen. (She used to stain the wood to match a colour in the calendar.) She sold them to help supplement the christmas club money.
    And the tray has a pic of Neuschwanstein in Bavaria - that fairy tale castle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family loves PIT. It is simple and oh so fun. You will have more fun the more people playing, but it gets loud.
    Seriously, $15 for the whole bolt? I am gonna try real hard not to be jealous!

    ;0)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!