I know it's only June and winter has just begun,
but I already feel like it's going on forever. It's bitterly bitterly cold and grey.
It's hard to be an up person in a freezing cold world!
I wish I was in Kaikoura by the sea,
sitting outside the caravan in the sun, working away on some project
while sipping a cup of hot tea.
But instead this is what I'm going to do....
1. Cook something hot and filling for dinner, with lots of mashed potatoes and gravy.
2. Bake some bread rolls for afternoon tea and fill the house with warm smells.
3. Put away all the laundry I folded and vacuum the living room so it looks inviting.
4. Forage for some flowers for the table and the entrance.
5. Light some candles as soon as it starts to get dark.
6. Put hot water bottles in the children's beds to cheer them up when they go to bed.
7. Put some good music on the ipod dock and listen to it all afternoon.
8. Plan a camping holiday soon with all six of us, somewhere we can take the dogs
9. Bike down to school to get some fresh air.
10. Light the fire, keep on a warm cardy, snuggle under a blanket... keep warm.
What is your plan for keeping cheerful in this grey grey weather?