When I pulled them out, I thought there didn't look like that many scraps but I thought I'd give it a go. I had in my head that I wanted to do a rectangle log cabin for the fish scrap and then a few square ones. I didn't really have enough feature prints to do more than one other but I think it looks balanced enough. I'm really stoked how this turned out and I'm hand quilting it with crochet thread to make it nice and soft and springy.
After I finished the quilt I still had scraps. I didn't want to just push them into another container, I wanted to use them up. Reuben was accepted for Rudolf Steiner school this week and starts on Monday and I thought I would make him a new crayon case, and pencil roll. I remembered these scraps and so began piecing them together. At first I had enough for just a pencil case, but I kept piecing and piecing and behold a pencil roll as well. Then I added a piece of owl fabric from the stash and made a case for his wooden flute. I lined all of these things with the leftover fabric from backing William's quilt! Perfect.
I'm happy to report that I have no more of this scrap bundle left. I can't believe how far they went. I'm loving the colour way and how they all work so well together.