Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Winter Solstice or The Shortest Day

After days of relentless cloud and drizzle and rain,
the sun came out at lunch time.
By 2pm you could see the clouds were banking again,
so Annie and I went down to school to sit in the sun
and soak up some of it's good rays!

I took a hooky project that has been sitting around for a year
and Annie took her scooter and we took a quilt to sit on.

Oh it was glorious. The sun was so warm
and it was peaceful and quiet.

I loved watching Annie and Annie loved mummy watching her!

But by three o'clock the clouds had covered the sun's face
and we rugged up warm again.

Back home for afternoon tea.

While the sun rushes down towards it's early bedtime.

But there is hope in our hearts that tomorrow,
it will set just that tiny bit earlier,
and eventually the spring will come.

6 comments:

  1. You must be at the shortest day of the year because we are having our longest. I think that is how it works! If so I wish you a happy Winter Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah! I didn't read the title to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Love Annie's kiwi beanie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your last line is exactly what gets me through the Winter. Blah.

    Wasn't it beautiful today though?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is 'Roll on Spring!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love her little dress....it is so so cute. I wish we were having more winter like weather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!