Monday, July 23, 2012

Random


When Chrissy and James were little I wanted them to be able to deal with life's disappointments, to be able to pick themselves up and carry on. I'm not sure if I was successful, but I want Reuben and Annie to learn the same.

I have finally got my Massey University enrollment sorted. I have one paper to do this year. I think I can do it. I'm way behind on my course 4 homework, but I want to finish that too. All the assignments are written in my head. I just have to get them on paper.

I took a tin of my cookies into our Fletchers hub and it made me so happy to peep in the offices and see them eating them and know their day got a tiny bit better.

The renovations are moving soooo slowly. The wall came down fast but the finishing seems to take forever. I'm frozen solid, I might have to go to bed to warm up.

We are having soup for tea, and scones maybe or toast depending on how I feel at the time. Sometimes I wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I don't want to let anything go. I have a quilt top to make this week and I haven't started yet. I just want to sew hexagons together actually.

Where are you at this week??


6 comments:

  1. Annie is too cute and obviously enjoying helping you with the photos.
    Hope the renovating speeds up for you and the weather warms up too.
    This week i am post-birthday party madness so trying to get stuck into my unfinished wips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is wonderful. I left something for you on my blog. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am still sewing and trying to get used to not having my husband around. i am finishing a quilt tonight and hopefully another small one tomorrow. this is a fun quilt that Annie is showing off for you. i love the pink bow in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to blog regularly as well as meet all the school and work commitments. I totally get the feeling of being overcommitted. But Massey is such a good step to take. Cheers Karen www.madewithmytwohands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, when you bite off a lot, chew a little faster, might give you indigestion though!

    Don't get too despondent, it is like eating the elephant, if you look at it all at once it's huge, if you just start chipping away, completing small tasks, before you know it, elephant is reduced and you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie always looks so happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!