Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Today is the day I open my shop! Welcome....

It is with great excitement today that I can announce our online shop is OPEN!
This is is Fabrichicks, our wee shop where we give retro fabric a new lease on life.
Not just retro fabric but rescued items from on old stash here and there,
threads, lace, ric rack, and especially vintage sheets!
(We have loads of them which we will sell next week)

This is my friend Kate and her husband Craig.
Kate and I have been working on this for nearly a year
and we are so excited to be ready to open.
Kate and I are both mums to small children and spend most of our days caring for them
and running our household. We both love to sew and collect fabric!
We wanted something that we could do while being good mummies
and we are hoping that with your support this is something we can do!

We still have a lot of fabrics to load
and we will be loading them bit by bit, but we've got a taster up of what's to come.

We have a lot of doilies that we dyed ourselves still to load up in the next few weeks too.
But if you like our facebook page you can get a heads up
for what is being loaded and jump in quick.

We have a few patterns too that we have been working on
which we will sell as kits. This hot water bottle is one of them.

I want you to know that my blog is not going change,
it's still going to be about what it always has, making stuff, family, thrifty finds,
but there will be a few more tutorials (I have some exciting ones planned)
and kits will be available if you want to make what I have made!

Please pop over and visit our Fabrichicks shop
and come back here tomorrow, I have a vintage sheet jelly roll to give away!

27 comments:

  1. So so excited for you Deb... and trying to be strong and avoid temptation at the same time... some of those fabrics have my name written all over them, can you not read it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo......love vintage! And if you ever feel the need to sell other vintage finds I am your girl.
    I will be watching ............................and buying!!!!
    Best of all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting, deb!! i'll be praying for God's favor and success upon your new shop! :) lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting, deb!! i'll be praying for God's favor and success upon your new shop! :) lora

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME. I love the idea, and also the design of the site! I'm supposed to be being frugal the next few weeks, but that wee tiger/lion panel might need to be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and best of luck with your new venture. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations I'm sure it's all going to go really well !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting Deb! Best wishes for huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so exciting Deb! Best wishes for huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb I am so excited for you both, what an awesome venture! I can't wait to see those dyed doilies loaded up - and kits for your tutorials - eek!! exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! It looks absolutely fantastic! I thought if you wanted am happy for you to use any of my images of quilts made from sheets. I know you have heaps but inspiration for people is always helpful yes??

    ReplyDelete
  12. This all looks so wonderful - really delighted for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very exciting Deb! I will be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Deb! looking forward to having a good look around your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Deb! It is awesome!! Love it and well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations Deb, this is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wooohoooo! You amazing woman you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. woo hoo-i am excited! all the best with your venture Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATULATIONS!! Such exciting news!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous news, good luck I know it'll be wonderful.
    I popped in to leave you and address of a shop here in Dunedin I thought you personally might like, just cos you love to stitch. http://www.stitcheryroom.blogspot.co.nz/, Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Congratulations on the shop! That's a big step!

    (will you offer the patterns/tutorials also without a kit? international shipping is rather costly)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Deb -
    so exciting!!X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great!!
    I especially like your profile pic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! Really exciting news - I can't wait to go and check it out :) Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. The shop looks great DEb, well done!!
    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your new shop Deb! Love how you've set up the website, very user friendly. I shall be back often to see what you add.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!