Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A floral quilt for the Colour Me Happy Project...




I'm just getting in on this one, but when I saw the Colour Me Happy challenge this month,
I knew I had to own it or at least give it a good go.

After all, what's not to love about flowers, especially vintage sheet flowers!
Reuben has a sofa in his classroom at school with a manky old sheet on it
so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make something cosy for the classroom.

I visofixed the big flowers onto a backing sheet and sewed them down.
Then I was going to hand quilt around them in yellow
but my friend Shenleigh wanted to practice her free motion quilting
and "borrowed" it to practice on. Yippee!

I love love love what she did to it.
Taking a very simple quilt to a quilt with really something going on!
It's also really durable now, so should be able to stand being in the classroom.

I have five fat quarters and the rest of this blue sheet to giveaway
just leave a comment if you are interested.

And as always, many more sheets available in my shop,
pop in and visit sometime.

12 comments:

  1. Deb it looks stunning. I've been meaning to join in with that all year too - maybe next month. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW colour me happy is right
    This is amazing I LOVE it
    So talented

    ReplyDelete
  3. your friend did a great job ... I would say she doesn't really need the practice anymore. I like the "modernly" cut flowers using the vintage sheets, it sort of brings the times closer together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project. I love love love the quilting. Cheers Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheery and happy looking quilt, and a quick and easy design idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is fun to just create such a joyous quilt. I bet the kids love the gift as well and that doubles the fun.
    Shenleigh is very talented, lucky you have each other to expand your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one Deb!
    What a great thing to make for the classroom
    couch!X

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous Deb. I am constantly amazed at how you roll out these beauties over night. Do you sleep?? Every time I see that you've made another quilt I get an attack of the guilts for not finishing even one of the ones I've got on the go! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is gorgeous Deb! I really like the vintage sheet and the quilting is spectacular. Great job by you and your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is such a happy quilt Deb I am sure the kids are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Deb, this quilt is gorgeous! Such fun colours and the quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! that is one lucky sofa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!