Thursday, August 23, 2012

Simple tutorial to turn a sweatshirt into a pretty cardigan...


I saw this sweatshirt and fell in love with the foxes 
but I don't suit sweatshirts at all, so I thought I'd give it a makeover.
If feels a bit naughty to cut up something new but this worked well.
I cut carefully down the centre of the sweatshirt.

I brought two colours of adhesive fabric tape from my friend Lex,
she has a lovely lovely shop with her friends called "Aroha Vintage"

I carefully put the green on the raw edge and folded it down both sides.

Then on the right side I stuck the brown leaving the green peeping out.

Then I carefully sewed the brown tape both edges
(thereby catching the green too)

All done! It took only minutes to do this, but now I have a funky new cardy.
What can I cut up next???

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I always look at that gorgeous fabric tape and wonder what to do with it... now you've got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen fabric tape before, but I love how you've used it in this sweatshirt cardi! If I ever find a cool quirky sweatshirt like this, I'm going to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cardy what a great idea!!! you should pop a pic up of you wearing it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever! Loving the foxy fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!