Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vintage Sheet Quilt in Progress...

Contrary to appearances, I actually have been busy creating lately,
just not taking pictures and blogging them!
So I thought I'd just show a work in progress....

This is for a swap I'm doing with Rhiannon.
I took two shirts and about five pillowcases,
some three solids and the black and white spot.

I'm using this tutorial with inspiration for the spot from Penny at Stitch.
I've sewed the circles and cut up the squares
and sewed on the black dots and sewed them into strips.

It's smaller than I wanted, so I'm going to have to put borders on 
and because I wanted it to be heavy I didn't trim out the back of the circles
but if I put borders they will be too light.

Decisions, decisions.
I wanted to hand quilt it so I think I'll hand quilt the circles and then
quilt as you go the borders. Fingers crossed it works!!
I'll keep you posted. It will either be genius or a disaster.

By the way if you want to make one of these quilts,
plenty of lovely vintage fabrics over at my on-line shop.

9 comments:

  1. I think we'll have one of these underway on Monday. Yassmin raided my sheet stash at lunchtime and has plans to go op-shopping tomorrow. The black circles in the middle are striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be one delightful quilt - love the black polka dot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love this pattern, and the mix of fabrics, def going on my 'to-do' list. (when i've finished my other 2 WIP'S teehee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I go to my favourite thrift store I go straight to the pillow cases. I love the vintage fabrics! Unfortunately, they are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I love these! Can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Deb, it looks amazing, I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful!! Love the pattern...and the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking fabulous
    LOVE how the black dots are bringing it all together
    perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely little blog. Your Annie is a doll. I hear you re being the grouch . . . surely that resonates with every parent?! *deep sigh* . . . and I am loving this vintage sheet quilt. I have a 'thing' for vintage sheets (as do many hee hee) and recognise a couple prints. I will check back to see the finish item. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!