Contrary to appearances, I actually have been busy creating lately,
just not taking pictures and blogging them!
So I thought I'd just show a work in progress....
This is for a swap I'm doing with Rhiannon.
I took two shirts and about five pillowcases,
some three solids and the black and white spot.
I've sewed the circles and cut up the squares
and sewed on the black dots and sewed them into strips.
It's smaller than I wanted, so I'm going to have to put borders on
and because I wanted it to be heavy I didn't trim out the back of the circles
but if I put borders they will be too light.
I wanted to hand quilt it so I think I'll hand quilt the circles and then
quilt as you go the borders. Fingers crossed it works!!
I'll keep you posted. It will either be genius or a disaster.
By the way if you want to make one of these quilts,
plenty of lovely vintage fabrics over at my on-line shop.