Monday, November 26, 2012

Thrifty Finds Tuesday....


Well I don't know if I'll do it every Tuesday, but I do have some recent goodies to show you today. First up, a Corning Ware Coffee Percolator.

I do hope it works, but at $4 I thought it was worth a try.
I'll get some coarse ground coffee and see how it works.
I've chipped the glass on my plunger, so I'd be stoked if I could get this going.


A little Asian doll. These are so cute. I wonder if they are significant.
I don't find them that often, but I ponder how they got here and what the story is!

A very bright mug. Perfect for a morning cup of tea.
So much china gets broken in this house,
I buy any nice ones I see.


A couple of nice deep ice cube trays for the summer.

An extremely sweet wooden abacus. 
How could I leave it behind? I'm sure it will come in handy one day.

And lastly a very heavy pewter tray for $6
just right for taking drinks out in the summer to sit in the sun.

Nice and heavy so it won't blow away, which is definitely a bonus here!
It's great finding useful bits and pieces.
I'm sure there's enough stuff in the world,
the things we need (like the ice cube trays) come up eventually!!



6 comments:

  1. I like the tray. I went opp shopping yesterday for another glass lemon squeezer as ours was dropped. I didn't find one but I did find lots of other things.... as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb
    I always find what I need in op shops or garage sales if I wait a while. It's a great feeling to be able to get what you need this way...
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coffee perk. I really enjoy watching coffee perk and like having it camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had several of those little Japanese dolls sitting on my dresser when I was a kid. I don't know where they came from or who got them for me. Just came across them in the attic and was wondering about them again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great finds! I collect those Japanese Kokeshi dolls, mostly found at op shops. I love their little faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the darling wee abacus - such a nice thing for kids to play with, even if these days maths is mostly done in electronic form!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!