Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Quilt for Jeremy and Eva

This week we have been in Melbourne for my brother, Jeremy's wedding to the lovely Eva.
I made this quilt for them both to snuggle under in the winter.

Eva requested a red and white quilt although I ended up putting some yellow and orange
into it as well to make some contrast.

I'm actually really really happy with how it turned out,
although those 16 seams going to the centre nearly were my undoing!!!

Jeremy and Eva had the prettiest wedding yesterday
(I'll post one million pictures another time)
and we all had an amazing time.

They are such a sweet sweet couple together
and it was an absolute pleasure to see them get married and be so happy together.

I did feel a bit silly giving them a giant quilt
when it was 35 degrees C, but I'm told it does get very cold in Melbourne in the winter! 

We went last week and took pictures by the river near our home
which Jeremy would have walked over hundreds of times when he was a small boy.

I'm sure when he was a small boy,
he dreamed of one day travelling afar and now he does,
but it's awesome to have modern technology (like instagram and this blog)
to be able to keep in touch with family who live far far away.

Families are like quilts,
Lives pieced together,
Stitched with smiles & tears,
Colored with memories, and
Bound by love.
(Renee Baker)

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - has a lovely feel of happiness and zingy fun about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this quilt! Stunning gift, to be treasured forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and another beautiful post.
    So glad you're having an amazing thing in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning quilt Deb and what a wonderful wedding present. Hope you enjoy the rest of the time in Aussie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops, was logged into wrong Gmail for that Kate comment (sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so stunning Deb, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb this is an absolutely beautifully stunning quilt
    LOVE it
    The colours just sing happy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Deb!
    I hope you guys are having a brill time down there!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Wedding Quilt is Just Beautiful Great Colours and Fabrics Deb...I'm sure the Happy Couple just Loved it ...
    Lovely photos
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Deb, for sharing your wonderful quilt, and your family with us.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lovely! I am sure that this beautiful quilt will be their favourite present - it would have been mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 16 seams! You must let us know how you managed that. Your colour sense is all over that quilt, I can see the joy and affection all through it.
    The river near your home is divine, how was Melbourne for you, sorry about the heat and the cool change and the humidity.....our weather is never dull though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness that is stunning! It has all of my favourite colours too.... a very lucky couple indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I
    do not know if it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your
    website. It appears like some of the written text within your content are
    running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This
    could be a issue with my internet browser
    because I've had this happen before. Appreciate it
    Have a look at my homepage :: Personal Injury Lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Happy Quilt - I am sure they will love and treasure it for years :) Hope you're all having an Amazing time x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh--it's BEAUTIFUL deb. Just lovely. What good work

    ReplyDelete
  17. yess jess of corse [url=http://www.jordango2013.com]wholesale air joran[/url] you can describe a tectonic movement as being more or less hazardous than another, based on when it takes place, where it takes place and how powerfull [url=http://www.jordango2013.com/Wholesale-air-jordan-6-ring-high-heels_c34]wholesale Air Jordan 6 Ring High Heels[/url] it is. for example if an earthquake of 4 on the richter scale struck in an MEDC with impact proof infastructure and well organised response and evacuation plans in place than its effects would be minimal. where as if a [url=http://www.jordango2013.com/Wholesale-air-jordan-fight-23_c26]wholesale Air Jordan Fight 23[/url] far more powerfull earthquake [url=http://www.jordango2013.com/Wholesale-air-jordan-shoes-24_c14]wholesale Air Jordan Shoes 24[/url] hit in an ill prepared LEDC it [url=http://www.jordango2013.com]nike air jordan wholesale[/url] would cause devistation, makeing it far more hazardous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Happiness and love in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deb-
    WOW! You went so big with yours, looks AWESOME!! Thank you for sharing.

    xxSteffani
    sewwithsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!