Friday, December 21, 2012

Christchurch Bloggers Secret Santa

On Thursday night a group of Christchurch bloggers met at my place
to swap our secret santa parcels and eat some Christmas goodies.

It was a great to get together for one last night this year,
actually I've been kinda busy this year and missed most of the get togethers,
but I'm hoping for some more balance in my life next year. 

It was fun to wash the good china
{good china is a cup that matches it's saucer}
and set the table pretty and then enjoy each other's company.

It was also fun to watch each other unwrap the gifts and guess who the "santa" was.
 Being all crafty girls one way or another, there were lots of creative ways
to make the recipient feel loved.

We are so fortunate here in Christchurch to have developed a friendly group
who get together on a regular basis.
(On a side note, if you live in Christchurch are don't spot your name on the list
send Miriam an email. She's the keeper of the list.)

Must ask Miriam for the recipe for her little fruity balls,
they were delicious.

Juliet made snickers bar rocky road. Yummy indeed.

We are going to see if we can get a national get together sorted for next year
but it's quite a big job, we'll see how it goes.

It's been great over the last two years which have been fairly difficult here in Christchurch
to have a group of like minded folks to get together with (or just keep in touch with)
and I'm sure our friendships have grown faster because of our situations here.

I actually can't wait for 2013. 
It's a fresh start just around the corner.
Thank God for fresh starts.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun Deb! Im gutterd I wasn't there, I love you ladies and its been a real joyful part of my life having you all in it
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I wasn't able to make this one (that manic time of year when everything happens at once). Glad to see you had a great time. Merry Christmas to all my wonderful bloggy friends and many blessings for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha the keeper of the list - now I need a special cape! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so lovely Deb - what a bunch of lovely ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a great group to be part of! - shame I live in Auckland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting such a lovely evening! We are so lucky to have people like yourself merging the gap between online and real world!!

    :) Hazel
    www.hazellovesdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting such a lovely evening! We are so lucky to have people like yourself merging the gap between online and real world!!

    :) Hazel
    www.hazellovesdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too was soo sad to miss this gathering. Thanks muchly for the goodies secret santa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!