Sunday, December 30, 2012

Your city through my eyes... {I think this is the last one}

I love walking in a different city. I love the signs on the wall.
I love the fact that people make their own spaces in the city.
Someone's coffee bolt-hole in an alley way.


I love looking at things in shop windows.

I love watching people hustling about their lives and wondering what they are up to.

I love public transport.

I love wandering around markets and inhaling the smells.

I love buying fresh local food and cooking and eating it with my family.

I love people watching. So many people.

We also loved the vibe from being in a real city.
We love home, but it's a disaster really. It was so nice to be part of a whole busy city
even for just a little while.

6 comments:

  1. Being ex chch I know what you mean about being in a real city. Loving your posts of late. How is your MIL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a new city for many of the reasons you mentioned. And I love these photos of my city.
    Looking forward to being in your part of the world very soon. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* You must have been standing in the laneway to take that picture of no standing in the laneway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing pictures of my city with me :-) You're always welcome back.
    I'm sorry about your city and what has befallen it.
    Wishing you a fab New Year, with hope springing eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Melbourne. There are worse places to spend your holidays...lol! My sister spent a decade there so it was a regular haunt. I do miss going there. Our CBD may be a little absent but we still live in a beautiful city especially at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, I have loved your Melbourne photos, my home town. So glad you loved it. I can't wait to visit it again soon.

    So sorry about your city, I can only imagine what it is like to live in a city a shadow of its former self, after so much heartache and destruction.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!