Friday, January 4, 2013

A quilt for James in the Pallet Pavilion...

I made this for James for Christmas.
Yes the browns don't match,
but really I don't think the teenage boy will notice.

It's just a simple half-square triangle but I do think it's effective,
especially for a boy.


We took it down to the Pallet Pavilion
which stands on the site of the Crown Plaza Hotel.


It's a really really cool space.
There was live music on the night we went there.

In the background you can see the Christchurch Town hall,
there is a running argument about whether it is repairable or not.

And in the gap between the cream building on the left and the white building in the middle
there used to be the Christchurch convention centre.

Very very cool space.
It's nice to see some really interesting things happening 
in this sad city of ours.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, I wish you and your family a happy, healthy and creative new year. And the picture of you and your daughter is so lovely, you look really happy and beautiful in that flowerdress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the two browns :) It's amazing the creativity of the things happening in your beautiful city! Those pallets look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some clever people out there for sure. You included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt - quite similar to mine, so I can say with certainty that it is indeed super boy friendly. Both my boys annnnd the big boy (husband!) love my quilt.
    The ideas that have shone through since the quake are so beautiful, the little pieces of artwork and installation. I wish towns and cities without damage would also encourage such craftiness and nuture the creative so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it alot! and that space is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pallet Pavilion is a cool space! Very inventive. Love both the quilts and I reckon inside noone will know the difference with the browns...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!