Monday, March 25, 2013

Passing it on....

One thing I've found with teenagers, is that they like to test what's out there,
they don't want to accept just what you say, they like to argue the point.
They argue things that really shouldn't be argued, but that seems to be life right now.

One thing I won't argue is my faith. 
Faith is such a personal conviction, I don't think you can make someone believe,
but with our kids, I really want the way I live my life
to mean something to them, to be something they want to be part of.

I love Easter. To me it is even more amazing than Christmas.
I have been thinking how I could communicate this to the children
and now that I've figured out a way I thought I would share it with you
in case you want to try it too.

I've made some lovely bags and in them I've put a thrifted rabbit,
a bag of chocolate and a bottle of body wash.

Then I'm writing each of the children a personal letter.

In the letter I explain the items in the bag,
the thrifted rabbit for them because Easter is first of all about second chances,
as many as you need, you just have to ask.
the chocolate, for the sweetness of Grace,
grace for them and grace for them to show others. Easter is all about Grace.
lastly the body wash because Easter is about redemption.
It's about being clean from the inside out, forever.

These little bags are just simple gifts, made by me with love.
I'm hoping that as the children read their letters and enjoy the treats,
that Easter will be real to them in a different way
but one which relates to our family.

23 comments:

  1. Um, almost cried. And I so want to steal this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - so beautiful, thoughtful and MEANINGFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Deb. So, so lovely.
    XO

    ps. I LOVE the fabrics you've used too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cool and a great way to tell your kids, with a mum like you i am sure they are all making personal decisions for Christ. Well done. I am thinking that would be quite good for a sunday school session too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly thoughtful and meaningful - an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is wonderful - i love giving celebrations more meaning than just buying things for loved ones - this will definetly help me with ideas for my 2 little ones...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb xxx you are an inspiration xxx love from your favourite 'brat' I am your favourite right?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely. This is the stuff they will ALWAYS remember. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So special! I love this idea and the bags are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I was really challenged last night to make Easter weekend the pinnacle of our faith calendar- a weekend filled with grief, sacrifice, grace, complete joy, thanksgiving... You've done a beautiful thing for your family here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. No doubt it will be a gift that they will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot say "well done" strongly enough!!!!! I am going to copy this next year. I am too swamped trying to fight a household of flu, or I would pull an all-nighter to get it done this week.

    It is so nice to know that we will meet someday, even if we have to wait for heaven!

    Blessings friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb another beautiful inspirational piece, you never fail to inspire with your beautiful ideas.
    How lucky your kids are to have a Mum as wonderful as you.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the perfect web site for everyone who wants to understand this topic.
    You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic that's been discussed for ages. Great stuff, just wonderful!

    Here is my web blog; quantrim discount codes

    ReplyDelete
  15. What i do not understood is actually how you are not actually
    much more well-liked than you may be now. You're so intelligent. You realize therefore significantly relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and men aren't
    fascinated unless it is one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your own
    stuffs excellent. Always maintain it up!

    Feel free to visit my web page :: facebookofsex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep functioning ,terrific job!

    my web-site: http://doit4good.com/oxwall/link/1149

    ReplyDelete


  17. Feel free to surf to my web blog; free fuckbook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for this article. I'd also like to convey that it can often be hard if you are in school and starting out to initiate a long credit standing. There are many pupils who are just simply trying to pull through and have a protracted or positive credit history can sometimes be a difficult element to have.

    my weblog: adults dating

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!