Monday, April 29, 2013

Vintage Bunting Tutorial


With autumn here and the days getting shorter,
I wanted to add some colour to our living room and brighten it up.

I brought a vintage bunting scrap pack from my friend Kate
who runs Fabrichicks now and decided to make some bunting
(she still has a few on the website).

I cut 6 x 4 rectangles and then pressed them in half like this.

Then I cut a 2 x 2 triangle off the edge like so
A picture is worth 1000 words I hope!

Then I laid them in pairs, right sides together and sewed around three sides
leaving the top open. Trim the points and clip the centre 
and then turn right side out. Use the points of the scissors to push out the points.

Then I folded a piece of bias binding in half and sewed the bunting into it.

It's just a short piece but it makes such a difference to the corner of our living room.

A little bit of summer sunshine to brighten it up.


It's not hard and didn't take me long at all.
It's the little things that make all the difference.

7 comments:

  1. Bunting makes everything look beautiful _right_

    VERY pretty bunting Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - bright and cheerful and awesome shape xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very effective. I love the fabric. I have an incredible weakness for vintage sheet fabric at the moment. Lovely colours. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO.... I like it a lot! And yes it brightens up the whole wall x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fully agree. Sometimes I have to MAKE myself remember that it's ok to make something for ME every now and then. Just for ME. It's ok.

    I like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a sucker for vintage sheets! The bunting looks perfect xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!