Yesterday I wrote about being in the moment,
I know it's something that we all struggle with, yet it is actually not hard.
Here's some ways that we do it...
1. Eat meals together. This is the most important thing we do I think.
just to stop for a bit and hang out and share a meal
and let the rest of the world stop outside the door for a moment or two.
2. Be grateful for the good things. Simone has started a project,
you can join in, being grateful is hugely important in living intentionally.
3. Get some exercise. Taking time out from the crazies and walking the dog,
or going to the dairy to collect a newspaper.
4. Turn off the bad news and listen to some music, or a podcast
or a book. Too much negativity just drags you down.
5. Light candles. There is something about the soft light of a candle
that makes you feel less stressed and to slow down.
6. Write a list and focus on the important stuff. Multi-tasking is the root of evil.
Actually doing one thing at a time is better for your mental health.
7. Be creative every day... arrange your dinner nicely on a plate,
put flowers on the table, knit a few stitches. Make it a priority.
8. Make time for play. It's true all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
9. Do something for someone else. Even if it's just holding the door for them to pass through.
10. When you are with a friend, really listen to them,
you don't have to provide a solution, just listen.
I think that living intentionally is about noticing the moments as they pass
and making sure they are worth living.
What do you do??