Friday, May 31, 2013

The hottie challenge 2013

Today I finished my hot water bottle cover for the Hottie Challenge. 
I wanted it to be recognizably made by me.

So I used all my precious pieces from the inch by inch swap,
little pieces of treasured fabric from all over the place.

I stitched them all together and cut out the hottie shape.
This lovely vintage doilly is going on the front.

It's a bit wobbly and a bit wonky on purpose,
because this hottie is meant to be filled with a hot water bottle
and popped into someone's bed to warm it up
and thaw out their feet after a cold day at work.

I hope who ever buys it really likes it,
with it's eclectic mix of fabrics from other people's stories.

By the way I've listed the pair of cowboy pillowcases that I made
for the tutorial the other day in my fledgling Felt shop.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, but more than that, it is very, very Deb. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Deb and totally utterly you!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you and looks very snuggly! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This says DEB!!
    I'm sure whomever buys it/ receives it will LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! Absolutely love it.

    Of course it would be of no use to me what-so-ever... how could I sleep and warm up with so many interesting pieces of fabric to gaze at???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!