Monday, June 24, 2013

Sometimes you just gotta say hello....

On my second day at University I was sitting by myself waiting to go into lectures
and I noticed an extremely well presented lady sitting next to me.
She was perfectly made up and looked like she knew what she was doing.
I decided she must be a business woman doing a degree on the side
she looked like she had it all together.

I noticed she was watching the kids milling around,
so I leaned over and said to her, "doesn't it make you feel old?"
and she turned around and started chatting.

As it turns out, Michelle didn't have it all together
and was just as terrified as me.

Making friends with her and Nicola on that first week
was the best thing that could have happened to Meg and I.
We have had so much fun together,
and been able to love and support each other as we find our feet at Uni.



On Saturday when I was not aceing my exam,
I kept hearing Michelle's voice in my head explaining the topic
from when we were studying together.

It's so awesome to have someone on your side.
It's awesome to have Michelle as a friend.

Imagine if I had just looked at her "got it all together" appearance
and been too intimidated to speak to her?

I would have missed out on so much.
Luckily I got over myself.


7 comments:

  1. You just made me cry, and i am glad you spoke to the well dressed business like women who was so scared. I am glad that my dress sense bought you, Meg, and Nicola into my life, mwah xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!!! Feel a bit teary about it too!
    And totally agree, Mazza is such a wonderful woman, ditto Nic and of course your beautiful self.
    "D.F" will never be the same again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much.
    Judging people before getting to know them is human nature I suppose - but making the effort to get to know them, can create special friendships. We don't have to just make friends with who looks similar to us! Yay!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS the cute hot blonde chick with short hair does not smoke in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about this post! I'm reading the book about filling your bucket at the moment, and it sounds like your friends all fill yours!

    You fill mine too :)

    Love the cartoons too - did you d o them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post Deb :) My husband and I wouldn't be where we are if I didn't go and say hi! Alot to be said for getting over ourselves, feeling the fear and doing it anyway x

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I met the fiance of one of DH's cousins, I thought "what a ditzy girl." She had had a really bad fake tan done and she was running around with her girlfriends and drinking too many margaritas.
    Then after they married, I got to talk to her properly. She'd just qualified as a nurse and wanted to do geriatric care.
    My opinion of her changed greatly!
    I try not to judge but sometimes it is hard not to judge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!